Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Well here goes ...

After 10 years of teaching French, I am now sitting working on schemes of work and resources for our new RE department at school.  I am really excited to be changing subject and changing focus.  I am excited about the personal challenges, but also about the way that we will be able to help the children to develop in a completely different academic area.

I feel really privileged that so man people have helped me - our Diocesan adviser, local colleagues and (of course) lots of quiet internet-based-research.  I haven't been brave enough to mention my subject change on twitter, but because I will miss the world of MFL tweets.

Excited, anxious, invigorated, eager, enthusiastic, fired up, inspired, motivated, determined and encouraged ... all of these and many more represent my feelings about this move to RE!  I can't wait to work with our children to explore the themes that the RE courses we have planned will explore.  I am just so grateful that when I asked to make this move, I wasn't laughed out of school!

As I move on this new journey, I am also exploring Google - our department is trialing Google for our school.  I have seen some fabulous collaborative work in classrooms when visiting other schools to see RE lessons and to learn about my 'new job' and was instead really well supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment